Sunday, October 31, 2004

that has to hurt...

Just finished watching the Blackburn-Liverpool game which ended 2-2. Nothing special, aside from the horror broken leg of Djibril Cisse.

When I saw the replay, it looked so terrible that I cringed. His leg left was so evidently broken it's like an old branch hanging on the tree. Ouch. That, I believe, will leave him out for the rest of the season.

I thought the commentators during halftime were kinda sadistic. When you watch the replay once, you can already imagine how painful it was. But they kept playing the replays as if it's the contender for the goal of the season. Sick men.

After the accidental injury, I totally lost interest in the game. I wasn't too bothered with the outcome of the match. However, I did watch until the final whistle. It was a game full of bad tackles and ugly plays with nothing else commendable.

It's definitely an eventful match for Blackburn's James McEveley, who ironically just came back into the side after a lengthy injury lay-off. Fell awkwardly over Cisse which caused that horrifying accident, and a stupid free kick which led to Baros' equalizer.

The curse of Ewood Park strikes again. You'll never leave this ground without broken legs.

No comments: