Saturday, May 12, 2007

a little bit of this and that in 2007...

I'll start the same way I've always done - 'It's been some time since I last posted...'

Hahahahaha, damn, I just can't find the passion to blog the way I used to like a few years back.

2007 certainly isn't going the way I expected. Particularly since so much misfortunes that have happened, and it's still only May. My greatgrandmother passed away 10 days before Chinese New Year, and the entire family spent the festive season in a solemn mode. With her passing, the family got into some minor rifts with the relatives, although I'm not really that into it I still managed to catch some gossips here and there, and to put it in a simple word I couldn't be bothered about what's what with my distant relatives.

Early April my colleague's sister and family were involved in a bad highway accident, which ended in death to the entire family except the daughter, who is now staying with her aunt back in Johor. Such a young age with so much in life ahead of her, and here is she now, an orphan. Makes you think why God let these things happen don't you?

Later that week my grandfather decided that he has had enough and passed away peacefully in his sleep. As much as I hated him for all that he did in the past, I still have his blood running in my body, and obviously I'm gutted to see him gone. In fact, I feel a little odd now that I don't have to push him around in his wheelchair, no more talking to somebody who'll just stare blankly at you, and seeing his room unoccupied with just a bed and empty wardrobe in it.

His funeral is not the best of experience you can get, where my step-uncle decided to come back with his family to pay his respect. No complains on that, only that he quickly left before our family started discussing the shares everyone need to chuck in for the funeral. Funny, since we're the ones who helped him out of his stupid debts when he came searching for us looking to split my grandfather's wealth (which didn't really work, he had some heavy debts as well) a few years back when my grandfather suffered from stroke. Mind you, he's not dead yet that time, of course I'm offended that he wanted to talk about the will.

My aunt then went through operation to remove her fibroid and uterus for fear of a cancerous growth in her body, and thankfully it was successful and safe. She's all well now, only that she has some difficulty moving around for the time being.

And later in the month the father of a close friend got involved in an accident which until now, no one knows how did he end up in the hospital. My friend came all the way back from NZ, and I'm glad now his father is recuperating well.

Later in August my grandmother's going to have an operation on her knee, which have been bothering her for quite some time.

Well, not all are bad news really. At least Liverpool now is in the Champions' League final, and have a decent chance to lift a trophy in what was a disappointing season, for me. Milan will be tough, especially seeing the way they ripped Man Utd apart at San Siro, but Liverpool have every chance to battle it out to lift the trophy for the 6th time, and they're again wearing all red against Milan's all white. Hahaha, sometimes the English papers write so many superstitious stuff you can't really ignore. Liverpool have not lost in a European cup final wearing red against opponents in white, how's that? Not that I'm going to think the final's tilting this way because of that, but a 50-50 match will be interesting to watch.

And I can also look forward to the Phuket trip with my girlfriend end of this month. The first time I actually get to travel overseas by plane. Not bad eh? It may sound embarassing that I've never been to anywhere outside M'sia except S'pore (to visit my uncle) while my family members have been all over the world; across Europe, HK, Taiwan, NZ, Turkey, Korea, China, whatever place and no one asked me along to any of the trips. Nevermind, at least now I'm earning my own money I can spend some to go places I wanna go. I'll be leaving a day after the Champions' League final, so won't be missing anything there, hahaha...

I hope this post is long enough to compensate the 2-month missing entries. Expect more or less the same in the future, I really don't find it fun anymore especially that the blogsphere is full of 'copy-and-paste' copyright criminal bloggers. I'm giving up on the blogging world and going back to normal human life. ; ) So see ya people, keep in touch the old way, phone or meet-up, whichever more convenient.

No comments: