Friday, July 25, 2008

changes...

I had lunch together with two of my ex-coursemates and a senior from my university days (all furthering studies after their degrees) yesterday, we briefly chatted about everything we used to talk about back when we were still studying. I haven't seen them for several months, and seriously it's a bit embarassing that once we joined the workforce I don't really take time offs to catch up with old friends.

Today, I received a message through facebook from one of them. He said I don't look as cheerful as before. He said I looked like a matured man.

Work stress? I don't know. I still have that crazy, wacky and crappy side inside of me, I think, but yeah, perhaps age is catching up.

I miss the old me. When will this other side of me show up again?

1 comment:

NiC said...

i think that's pretty normal. as we grow, we tend to have more responsibility, more "serious" stuff to worry about, less fun times, etc... but again, this is where work/ life balance plays a huge role yeah?

for us to retain our own identity... for us to remember who we are and the dreams that we once believe in... for us to remember the child in each of us...

just recall what you've said once in a previous post of yours (i think it's sometime during your industrial training) - live your life so that you will not look back with regret later...

cheers bro... and we can bring our old selves back when we meet up again... sometime in the near future i hope... =)