Friday, June 05, 2009

exhausted...

This year has been somewhat different from previous years. Work-wise.

In previous years, I would've gone off at least once on vacation outside Malaysia by June. With a different working schedule/season this time around, I find myself having quite some difficulty taking long leaves from work.

Prior to 2009, the first half of the year always seemed a little more relaxed with few major assignments, and I'll have most weekends to myself. This year, my work has started as early as February, and there have been a healthy stream of commitments that tied me down, and as a result, I failed to plan for any holidays until today.

Going back to my record, I have taken only 2-days leave in the past 6 months, and almost every other weekend there is an assignment.

Honestly, I don't think it's good for me mentally. My performance have obviously been compromised, and this isn't something I expected. These days, I can actually feel like 'floating' when walking about, easily more forgetful of recent incidents, at times very moody and passive, and I can't imagine myself doing something very productive the moment I step into the office.

Even blogging seems like hard work to me nowadays.

No comments: