Sunday, September 25, 2005

FF 7 advent children: i've watched it, wahahaha...

Damn, Liverpool drew again. Pretty sad case, but like what Alex Ferguson said, we are now playing simply not to lose the match. I have to agree with that scum (I hate myself for saying that), Liverpool's getting too cautious in recent games we don't look like scoring, though that short spell of goal spree was sorta nerve-wrecking. Five games into the season, and already 14 points behind Chelsea, this is a long long looonnnggg season. (Yeah, yeah, Kam, you get to brag this time, but don't overdo it cuz I'm getting bored).

Let's talk about something else.

Hey, I've watched 'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children'!!! Wahahaha, this feels great. Just this morning I was busy searching and asking people around about it. I should've figured out earlier that my cousin would've got it already since she's a big anime fan. By evening the vcds (original wei...) were already in my hands, bwahahaha... Was all excited, but waited until I'm done watching the Liverpool game (sigh) and Malaysian Idol 2 before I played the movie.

There WILL be spoilers ahead, so bugger off if you don't wanna know the plot.

I've been looking forward for this movie ever since it was announced to be in production, primarily since FF VII was the first RPG game I played on PlayStation. The game was mind-blowing, and I've never played another better one since then. It was one of my favourites along with 'Shining Force' of Sega which came out around mid 90s.

Overall, the movie's nice, although I have some difficulty understanding the whole storyline (it was in Japanese, with horrible English subtitles). Can't recall certain characters in the movie, Zack in particular. Wondering who the hell is he, probably some character from Cloud's memory. I played the game around year 2000, I can only vaguely remember what was the story.

Anyway, I'm still very satisfied because all the playable characters returned in the movie, even Cait Sith! I read somewhere online where they left the small cat out from the movie, and I was wondering if the rest of the characters are going to make cameo appearances only. Luckily that didn't happen. And boy, what a cool battle they had with Bahamut. Reno and Rude added some comic relief in the intense movie, nice.

One of the best scenes in the entire movie was the fight between Tifa and the Silver-Haired Man. It was fantastic, the battle soundtrack gave me goosebumps. And the famous victory soundtrack, hahaha, very creative touch.

Everything in the movie brought back nostalgic and fond memories. The colourful materias, the special limit moves, Cloud's stylish buster sword, the comical Reno and Rude, Vincent Valentine's dashing and cool moves (man they really have to make him that cool huh?), Yuffie's childish whines, the guardian, whew, just every bloody damn thing damnit!

Oh, and nicely done, the red ribbons on every one of those main playable characters' left arms. Read from somwhere in the internet saying that they were for the remembrance of Aeris (she's in the movie too btw). Very sentimental. A great ending to the best Final Fantasy ever made.

p/s: on a totally different subject, I hope there won't be any more debates about the MI2 outcome. I mean, if you hate Daniel that much you should've sent more SMSes for Nita to win right? Not that I think that Daniel's better, but I think he won it pretty fair and square (don't forget, you Malaysia voted for him). Let's all be a bit more graceful, at least it provided good entertainment for a good 2-month stint. I'm not a big fan of MI2, just happened to catch the finals cuz all my housemates are hooked. I wonder what they'll do on Friday and Sunday nights now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WY said...

hey jaz...yes i am gonna brag about this and last season fro years to come..:D hehehe..

hey..i just download the ff7 too..but unfortunately, there is no subtitles. very nice graphics though. will watch out for the subtitle versin soon. :D

WY said...

One of the best scenes in the entire movie was the fight between Tifa and the Silver-Haired Man. It was fantastic, the battle soundtrack gave me goosebumps. And the famous victory soundtrack, hahaha, very creative touch.

can't agree more! awesome fighting..

Livingmonolith said...

glad you agreed with me, this movie is great. certainly dwarfed the previous ff movie. what the hell was that anyway?