It took me a whole month to compile this list. Have fun!
1. I’m born and raised in Kuala Lumpur my entire life.
2. Despite being a Chinese, and look like one too, I have came across more than a dozen of people who assumed that I’m from a different race. Or from another country.
3. I am a Cancer. I don’t read much about astrology though.
4. I am an Atheist, which means I do not believe in God’s existence. Don’t convince me to.
5. I speak fluent Cantonese, English, Malay and Bullshit. I’m Hokkien, but I do not understand a word of my mother tongue language.
6. I’m really into sports. To date, I’ve had my hands on basketball, football, indoor soccer, table tennis, tennis, bowling, softball, baseball, squash, water polo, badminton, volleyball, sepak takraw, hockey, handball, rugby, and many more that I can’t recall. Not pro in any of them, but I’d like to think that I’m decently good.
7. I also fancy drawing a lot. I even dreamt of a career as a professional artist, but my secondary school teacher screwed me up, telling me I suck in art. I didn’t pursue my interest any further since, but I still draw occasionally.
8. My most treasured item is my collection of X-Men comic books I have been keeping since 1994. I had spent over thousands of ringgit on them and by now the value of my collection worth 5-digit figures. I have no intentions of selling them though.
9. The ever-popular myth about me being hydrophobia is actually untrue. I only prefer not to swim if given an option. However, it is a fact that I almost drowned in a swimming pool when I was younger, which explains the origin of the myth.
10. I rarely get injured. The only serious injuries I’ve had so far was a sprained ankle during a football match and torn leg muscles which was purposely inflicted (don’t ask). Other than that I’m perfectly healthy.
11. I’m a neat freak. I cannot stand piles of books on the floor or messed-up beds. I even arrange my notes accordingly in my bag.
12. I bite my fingernails when I’m too idle, too anxious, or when I have evil thoughts.
13. I only have one piercing on my body, which is on my left earlobe.
14. I have no tattoos and don’t plan to get any.
15. I believe that I somehow have a cerebral cortex that emits bioelectric pulses that raise my agility and reflexes to peak levels and initiate random telekinetic acts that cause probabilities to fall into place for me. Or when I’m not daydreaming, that would mean I believe I am blessed with luck.
16. When I was much younger, I took great interest in religion as a subject. I stayed in the library after school and read books on various religions; the prophets, holy wars, miracles. Somehow, it became the reason I choose not to believe in God’s existence now.
17. I have quite a complicated family tree. I officially have one father, two mothers (one deceased), three grandfathers (two deceased), and four grandmothers (two deceased). This is due to the fact that both my father and grandfather have second wives. However, both my stepmother and step-grandmother had passed away, succumbing to brain cancer. Coincidence?
18. I drive a Kelisa limited edition, silver with black top.
19. My dream car is Mazda 323f.
20. I major in Biotechnology, but only because I hate physics, chemistry and math.
21. I believe in karma. You get what you give. That is why I never pick up money from the ground and always help out others when they need assistance. But I also learn that this principle doesn’t apply to human these days.
22. Almost everyone that I know has had at least one conversation with me regarding my hair.
23. I think I have great hair.
24. I once believed in true love, but now I would trade it with a bag of chips anytime.
25. I care a lot about my reputation, but somehow it is now tarnished as most of my university mates think I smoke, drink and go clubbing regularly. And I do not.
26. I have difficulty trusting people, even my parents. This is probably caused by the fact that I have a complicated family relationship. I also stayed with my grandparents for 7 years and witnessed enough fights and quarrels that put my faith in anyone in doubt.
27. For someone who can’t trust anyone, I have an incredible great faith in myself.
28. I enjoy traveling. I took off with a friend on a road trip around Peninsular Malaysia in 2002 and went to Ipoh, Penang, Kota Bahru, Kuala Terengganu and Kuantan. The following year I went to Port Dickson, Tampin and Malacca Town. Before this I’ve been to Kota Kinabalu, Langkawi Island and Pangkor Island.
29. For a person who likes traveling, surprisingly the only country other than Malaysia I’ve been to is Singapore. My parents always come out with the most ridiculous reasons to object every time I propose to travel overseas.
30. I am close to being ambidextrous. Other than write, I can do any other stuffs comfortably with my left hand (I’m right-handed). My father doesn’t know which my preferred hand is.
31. I’m a nocturnal person. I tend to concentrate better at night. When I was staying in residential college, my roommate will wake me up when he goes to sleep at 12 am so I can start studying.
32. I don’t skip classes or lectures. It’s one of my principles.
33. I do not enjoy junk foods. That includes potato chips, ice-creams, sweets, chocolates or anything ‘junkie’.
34. I don’t know if my parents think I’m independent or they just don’t really care, but I’ve been away on a 3-day camping trip and they didn’t realize I was gone.
35. I hate boy bands/girl bands. I think they are a bunch of crap with no talent to make it big and they depend on their looks to succeed.
36. I have a fear of commitment. But maybe it is just because of the ‘trust’ factor.
37. I don’t eat a lot of vegetables. Or putting it in a proper way, I’m very picky with my meals, not just vegetables.
38. I never shop for clothes. I can’t shop. All the clothes in my wardrobe are bought by either my mother or my sister.
39. I can’t tolerate stupid people but I often feel that all those people surrounding me are stupid. I guess life’s like that.
40. I speak English with a slightly stricter tone (and without the Manglish slang), when I’m dead serious or mad.
41. I personally think that humor is the best defense mechanism. It’s my method to evade sensitive issues.
42. I do not have much of a temper. I rarely get angry.
43. I suffer from motion sickness. I cannot read anything when I’m traveling in a vehicle, especially when I’m in the backseat, or else you’ll likely find me squatting by the drain puking after the journey. It’s ok if I’m the one driving.
44. I prefer to keep my consciousness level at the top at all times, because I think I keep too much secrets and I can’t risk being not sober. This is one of the reasons why I do not consume alcoholic drinks.
45. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter through and through.
46. Besides Liverpool, I used to follow NBA and NHL (ice hockey). I was a fan of Utah Jazz (NBA) and Colorado Avalanche (NHL), but now I no longer watch both sports.
47. I am a visual thinker. I convert my thoughts into images to understand them better, no kidding.
48. I have a habit of leaving exam hall before the time is up during examinations, when I’m allowed to do so.
49. I procrastinate all the time. But I never fail to pass up assignments on time.
50. I’m addicted to minesweeper. The game, not the real one.
51. I do not believe in ghosts, supernatural beings or anything superstitious.
52. I have the same blood type as my mother’s (A), and no one else in the family. I can only assume my mother carries IAIO genes, considering everyone else in the family have O-type.
53. My body produces natural Hepatitis B antibodies. This is a bit unusual as people usually need to take HepB injections to stimulate HepB antibody production, and I can’t remember having any kind of injections ever since I was 15 (tetanus shot). But the nurse said I’ll be fine.
54. I am a blood donor, and proud of it.
55. I don’t think I’m the most interesting person but interesting enough to be someone unique.
56. I believe that I am quite adaptable to pressure. Not only that, I think I work better under pressure. It’s one of my favorite excuses for doing last minute jobs.
57. My motto in life is “It doesn’t matter winning or losing just as long as you’re winning.” Some people think it doesn’t make sense, but I don’t care.
58. I think spaghetti is the best thing mankind has ever created.
59. I was addicted to black coffee when I was younger. I had to stop drinking after my dentist forced me to because my teeth were badly stained.
60. I’m fine with homosexuality, just as long as it doesn’t involve me.
61. I hate clowns. I think they’re scary and creepy, they lock up little kids in the basement, appear in nightmares trying to lure children into horrifying sewers, reappears every 30 years to haunt you and they all should be killed with silver darts. Yeah, I was freaked out with the movie “It”, plenty of sleepless nights after watching that movie.
62. I am left-footed. My right leg is as good as a carrot during football games.
63. No matter how busy I am at any day, I always take at least 30 minutes off to read the newspaper.
64. I read the newspaper from back to front.
65. Black and blue are my favorite colors. I hate pink and orange; you’ll never see me a piece of clothing with those colors.
66. For some time, I was afraid to head the ball in football games; after a friend took a shot so hard right into my face it looked like I received a headshot.
67. Strong-scented perfumes and colognes give me headaches.
68. I once walked over 200 kilometers from Batu Caves to Maran on a scouting expedition in 4 days. I have also climbed Mount Kinabalu, in celebration of the turn of the millennium back in 2000.
69. I think gender equality can never be achieved.
70. I am very self-centered. I think everything in this world revolves around me. I think most people are self-centered too, but they just don’t admit it.
71. I hold a blue belt in taekwondo. I stopped practicing after realizing it’s stupid to waste my Saturday evenings kicking dummies.
72. I am computer illiterate. I’m also not IT-savvy.
73. I am the only one in my family who can’t play any musical instruments. I guess I’m just not talented. Or I’m probably adopted.
74. I was forced to dye my hair once. It was during the long break after STPM, and my mother said I won’t have many opportunities to do it. I ended up with dark brown hair. I personally think Asians look more normal with natural hair colors. Besides, it’s bad for your hair.
75. I am quite short, only about 5 feet and 6 inches. People are lying when they said basketball can increase your height.
76. I find it easier to understand my hamster’s behaviour than women’s. Some things are just unexplainable.
77. I have been myopic ever since I was 10. Blame it on the television.
78. I have an elder brother and two younger sisters, all whom I do not communicate well with.
79. There are two extreme sports I would really like to experience but yet to have the chance to do so; bungee jumping and skydiving.
80. I like to judge people by their looks, because people judge me by my looks most of the time.
81. I am not allergic to anything. Ok, maybe idiots, but that’s all.
82. I prefer to keep my hair long because people can’t tell if I have just got up from sleep.
83. I dislike people who don’t have opinions of their own.
84. I can be a bitch if I want to, but most of the time it only happens when I feel provoked.
85. I will never date a person who smokes, if I ever date anyone.
86. I do not see myself as a romantic person. Everyone else think so too. I don’t read romantic novels and I fall asleep watching romantic movies.
87. I see a glass half empty, never half full. I like to see things from a negative point of view.
88. I always think I don’t get enough compliments for all that I’ve done.
89. I dip my fries into coke before I eat them. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know either. It’s a habit.
90. I’m generally a conservative driver. Unless I’m pissed or something like that.
91. I use the three dots punctuation (…) too much when sending messages via handphone or chatting online. I pick this up from my brother.
92. I can type text messages without looking at the numpad. It saved my life once.
93. I believe philosophers are people with no life and have too many questions. I seriously think they have too much time and should get a real job.
94. I freak out when friends who aren’t very close to me try to get me engaged in a private conversation.
95. I only play role-playing games. But then again, I seldom play video games.
96. I always think first before I talk. When I say something that upsets a person, I’m doing it on purpose.
97. I am someone who can forgive, but never forget.
98. I find joy in helping a person with that person not knowing it. It makes me feel like I’m a nice person.
99. My room doesn’t have a single photo of myself.
100. Believe it or not, I secretly wish for world peace.