Tuesday, May 03, 2005

i got 17As because i use s******'s pencils!

I just saw an advertisement by a famous local stationery supplier which is really ridiculous. Apparently the SPM top scorer signed an endorsement deal or some sort of things to appear in the short ad, which was trying to imply that students can score better in exams using their product.

I find this ad totally stupid. If she (the top scorer, I don't know her name and I don't give a damn anyway) managed to obtain 17A1s because she used S****** 2B pencils to answer the questions, you'd be wondering why there aren't any other 17A1s students around. She got good results because of her hard work, not because of your stupid pencils.

The cheapskate strategies companies use to attract consumers. Bah...

2 comments:

Yoong Family said...

yeah the moronic ads in malaysia never fail to amaze me...

Livingmonolith said...

yeah, exactly my point, loo. i can't believe the advertising companies think we'll fall for that.

and simon, despite the amazements our local ads bring us, we still have to admit there are some really great ones, eg the lrt ad. which btw, drew a lot of criticism from the mps. and that, is another story altogether, my friend...

;)