Thursday, May 19, 2005

on da vinci code and sepet...

I've finally read the Da Vinci Code, and watched Sepet the movie. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit not that up-to-date with the latest fads. Sue me.

I'm pretty disappointed with the Da Vinci Code. Not that Dan Brown's a bad writer, I think he rocks, but the climax never goes upwards as the story progresses. In fact, it's getting more and more anticlimax. I mean, I was hoping for some shocking end but all I got was one where everyone could predict already before reading. There goes two weeks of intense reading. Remind me to browse the ending of the next book I'm gonna read. And I won't read Angels and Demons, Deception Point and Digital Fortress. Once is enough, I won't be fooled twice.

And Sepet? Well, I won't say it's mind-blowing, but it IS very Malaysian. Ng Choo Seong, the guy who played Ah Loong (I will not call him Jason because that is MY name) seems a bit awkward, but Sharifah Amani is brilliant. When I was watching the part where Ah Loong tells Keong to 'meet this girl, and you'll understand why I like her so much', he really means it. She's a star-in-the-making. Linus Chung, in my opinion, should remain working behind the camera. I'm sure his film-making won't be as bad as his acting. Anyway, Sepet is the first locally made movie I've watched since forever, and I didn't regret it.

I just don't get the ending. Anyone mind telling me what it was all about?

No comments: